What Attracts Ants?
Though many species of ants are found in our service area, most enter manmade buildings for the same reason.
The common motive is to search out new sources of food and water, though the pests also move inside to escape changing climate conditions.
Ants get inside homes through:
- Foundation cracks
- Gaps in window and door frames.
- Holes where pipes enter buildings.
Colonies regularly send scouts ahead to search out easily accessible foodstuffs, who then leave chemical trails that allow other ants to follow suit.
- Sanitation: Maintaining excellent sanitation habits is key to keeping the pests at bay.
- Food: Clean up all spills and crumbs immediately and store food in airtight containers.
- Seal: Seal entry points with caulk and check yards for nests in close proximity to homes.
- Traps: Store-bought traps and baits can be effective for smaller infestations.
However, accurate identification of the infesting species is vital to effective removal.
Contact the Experts
Contacting the trained pest professionals at Western Pest is the only way to guarantee eradication is done correctly. Additionally, specialists help set up management plans to keep future infestations from occurring.
Learn more about Western’s comprehensive Home Pest Control Plans.
Call for service: (877) 250-3857