Signs of Infestation
- Nocturnal: Due to the nocturnal tendencies of earwigs, smaller infestations may be difficult to detect.
- Sight: The sighting of an adult earwig, on the other hand, serves as an indicator of a sizable home invasion.
- Odor: When the insects are crushed or threatened in some way, they will emit a foul odor and a yellow-brown liquid.
- Smell: The presence of strange odors may point to a large earwig infestation.
- Plants: Household plants may be stripped of their leaves, flower petals may appear mostly or completely consumed, and various fruits and vegetables may bear black spots and holes when significant populations of earwigs are living in the vicinity.
Learn more about Western’s comprehensive Home Pest Control Plans.
Call for service: (877) 250-3857