Environmentally Friendly, Controls Pests, Safe for Pets
Skyrocketing energy prices continue to impact America’s home heating bills each winter. Is your attic prepared with proper insulation?
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) recommends increased R-Value levels for homes nationwide. If your current home insulation is not up to par – or if you’re not sure – call Western. Western’s ThermoZone® Attic Insulation Program can bring you up to DOE recommendations.
- Energy Star rated for efficiency: Experience up to 30% savings on your energy bills.
- Environmentally friendly: Made from recycled newsprint.
- Pest Control Benefits: Includes insulation material that controls self-grooming insects, ants, cockroaches, etc.
- Acceptable for use around humans and pets: Our insulation treated with all-natural boric acid, an EPA-labeled pest-control material that has gone through rigorous testing and inspection.
- Safety enhancing: Treated to be fire-retardant.
- Reduces noise: Better insulation reduces noise transmission.
Certain states and counties may offer tax credits for energy-efficient home upgrades. Visit the DOE or Energy Star websites to learn more.
Western’s ThermoZone® Attic Insulation Program can be installed in existing or new construction, pays for itself quickly in reduced energy costs and can become an important component of a total pest management program.
With ThermoZone®, Winter Doesn’t Feel So Cold
With winter approaching, temperatures are going down and heating bills are going up. In fact, according to Energy Star, heating and cooling may account for up to half of the energy use in your home. This time of year, it’s wise to consider upgrades and maintenance that can better prepare your home to maintain heat and withstand the cold. One heat-saving trick that you should know about before winter is the ThermoZone® Attic Insulation Program, which may save you up to 30% off your energy bills. Keep warm and keep money in your pocket.
Go green. Stay warm. Save money.
Stay warm and toasty this winter, and turn your home into an energy-efficient sanctuary. Not only does the ThermoZone® Attic Insulation Program keep you warm, it is made from recycled newsprint, making it 100% environmentally friendly. The program also contains an Energy-Star-certified product that is fire retardant and reduces noise transmission throughout your home.
Yes, Western is a pest service…so we had to add pest control to the insulation product. The program’s insulation includes all-natural borates, which controls self-grooming insects, ants, cockroaches, along with many other insects – while remaining acceptable for humans and pets, based on rigorous EPA testing.
With this program, not only do you stay warm, your home is protected from outside pests.
Energize Your Home with Western’s ThermoZone® Attic Insulation Program
Examine the energy-efficiency of your home and determine if you would benefit from installing new attic insulation. The Department of Energy recently recommended increasing the R-Value levels of insulation in homes throughout the United States as a means to control heat and energy loss and reduce energy costs for homeowners.
Typical Attic Insulation Options
- Fiberglass rolls (blankets): Made to fit between wall studs and floor joists, these are literally unrolled and patted into place.
- Loose-fill insulation: Made of fiberglass, rock wool, or cellulose fibers, this insulation is blown into spaces where it conforms to nooks and crannies, providing more efficient insulation.
- Rigid Foam insulation: More expensive than traditional fiberglass insulation, foam insulation is more fuel efficient and can result in bigger cost savings over the long run.
- Foam-in-place insulation: Much like loose-fill insulation, this is blown directly into walls where it plugs up cracks and other areas where warm air escapes.
New Alternatives Are More than Just Energy Efficient
Made from all-natural cellulose and borates, Western’s ThermoZone® Attic Insulation Program has been awarded the Energy Star rating by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, meaning it meets or exceeds government standards for energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly products. Western’s ThermoZone® Attic Insulation Program has additional benefits to homeowners that go beyond energy savings: this program contains the only insulation that works with pest control materials to provide enhanced pest-control benefits.