Birds might look harmless, but they can cause serious issues for your business, from damage to the exterior of your building to full-blown health risks and customer endangerment.
Whether they’re perched on overhangs, roofs, warehouse rafters, or just flying nearby loading/unloading areas, they have the potential to cause serious damage. Birds on signs, ledges, and roofs send a message that your facility is dirty and may be unsafe in the eyes of your customers, which can lead to damaged reputation and public image.
To make sure that your business is functioning efficiently and remains bird-free, enlisting the help of a pest professional is critical, and is proven to lower maintenance costs and eliminate many of the risks birds can cause your business.
Bird control is not something to take lightly. Health codes and regulations emphasize bird issues, with health risks topping the list of concerns. Exterior damage is another concern, as is contamination of products. Birds can even damage solar panels. Western offers humane bird control to deter birds from nesting in your properties.
Western’s Expert Bird Control
Westerns’ commercial pest control team uses safe, ethical bird exclusion techniques to eradicate your bird problem.
- Preventing access: We ID & block areas where birds perch and nest
- Applying repellents: Low-impact materials discourage roosting
- Trapping birds: We find birds in established nesting areas and relocate them
- Cleaning and sterilizing: Then we return impacted areas to normal
Aside from tell-tale piles of feathers, other signs can indicate that it’s time for bird control:
- Unsightly droppings
- Related pests, such as ticks or lice
- Corrosive building damage from uric acid
- Nesting in the roof or rafters
Bird Dangers & Damage
Birds are beautiful in nature, but not when they cause damage to your business’ reputation, or worse:
- Illnesses that endanger employee and customer health
- Contamination of food and products
- Damage from droppings and roosting
- Failed inspections or audit risk
- Damaged solar panels
Read more about birds and disease.
From bird spikes to bird nets, Western’s bird deterrent services provide the specific solutions you may require, including site-specific design-build systems. We understand the potential economic impact a bird control problem may have on a property, including public health implications and building corrosions.
Our bird deterrent solutions are designed to fit your needs and are always in compliance with the protected status of certain birds. We focus on systems that meet three specific needs:
- Budgetary constraints
- Effectiveness of the system
- Minimized impact on aesthetics
Our solutions include:
- Bird netting
- Bird spikes
- Trapping and live capture
- Shock strips
- Tension wires and legs
- Food reduction
Read more about our custom solutions.
Read more about bird exclusion expertise.
Our bird control services are meant to suit any situation or building, with tailored services that fit your necessary requirements and provide comprehensive solutions for your facility. We use the highest quality products and employ expert technical planners and installers in order to provide you with the best service possible. Our services deliver a number of benefits for those that deal with the following:
- Architectural & Engineering
- Warehouse & Food Preparation Facilities
- Real Estate & Property Management
- Solar Fields
Common pest birds: