Fly control problems may indicate bigger issues: sanitation gaps that attract flies can attract all manner of pests. Fast breeders, flies are a major health concern in food plants and restaurants. They can carry up to 100 pathogens and deposit feces when landing. Our commercial fly control experts devise long-term sanitation changes to keep flies away.
Western’s Expert Fly Control
Western’s commercial fly control is aggressive, delivered by experts with a deep understanding of the fly’s biology.
- A complete sanitation audit: From drains to storage areas;
- Fly control protocols: Preventative and sanitation procedures;
- Ongoing monitoring: Detecting new fly issues fast.
- Exclusion strategies: Light and mechanical traps, baits, and air doors.
Flies have moved beyond the soup bowl, making their presence known in many ways:
- Clusters near spilled sweets or unsealed liquids
- Clogged drains, which are fly breeding sites
- Presence of maggots or larvae
- Additional pests, from roaches to ants
Fly Dangers & Damage
Fly control for restaurants should also remain a constant, mitigating poor reviews and potential food contamination.
- Negative customer reviews
- Unhappy employees
- Transfer of E. coli, salmonella and bacteria
- Risk factors for other pests
Fruit Flies Can Appear Anywhere
Fruit flies can be a major detriment to the reputation of a business due to their unsightly nature. For specific industries, fruit flies may be expected but never tolerated; plus, they can show up in a wide variety of environments. Proactive fruit fly control is a necessity, be it in the restaurant industry, food processing or the healthcare industry.
Fruit flies can linger through the winter if they get a stronghold.
How to Best Avoid Fruit Flies
- Throw away over-ripe fruit.
- Always use plastic bags in trash receptacles and be sure to throw away when full or in a timely manner.
- Clean up any spills. Be sure to check for these routinely.
- Those rooms with excess moisture or any decaying organic debris are much more susceptible to proliferating fruit fly populations.
Fruit flies can quickly become a large problem within a business, and the best way to prevent them is through diligent cleaning and moisture control maintenance throughout the facility. If you feel as though your problem is becoming unmanageable, contact a commercial fly control service provider immediately.