Moisture-related problems in crawlspaces and basements are one of the most serious threats to the value of your home. Between mold, mildew, rot, and decay, it can cause structural damage – not to mention that pests and bacteria love warm, moist environments. Several studies show that as much as 40% of the air in your home comes up through the crawl space and as much as 50% comes from the basement. With numbers like that, making sure that air is safe to breathe is very important.
- When moisture levels exceed 20%, mold and fungus can occur. When moisture levels exceed 28%, rotting can occur. It’s not hard to reach those levels, but with a VaporShield™ Moisture Control System you can control the humidity in your crawlspace — stopping wood decay at the source.
- Pests love a nice, warm, moist place to make their home. Many pests can live off of just the moisture that can accumulate in a poorly insulated basement. So, not only can we help keep pests out of your home with our pest control services, we can help keep them out of your basement with a VaporShield™ system!
- You want to use your basement, right? Whether it’s used for extra storage or as a fun playroom for the kids (better yet, a man cave!), you want to make sure it’s safe. Mold exposure can cause headaches, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, and fatigue. It can trigger attacks for people with asthma and for people with impaired immune systems, serious infection can occur. Stop it before it starts with VaporShield™.
- The VaporShield™ Moisture Control System is about more than just applying a liquid treatment where necessary. Our technician will encapsulate the crawlspace and install a dehumidifier and condensation pump if required. They also install and set up a sensor monitor and conduct periodic inspections for added assurance. It’s more than just moisture control – it’s peace of mind now and in the future.
- With Western Pest Services, not only do you receive a top-notch moisture control system with monitoring, you get a technician that will also inspect for and recommend treatment for pests that love warm, moist areas like rodents and cockroaches. If you had moisture in your crawlspace or basement that attracted pests, our technician’s trained eye can spot it and take care of it before it gets out of hand. You can’t get that type of service with another moisture barrier installation. It’s a win-win.
Moisture in your crawlspace and basement can happen during any season, but in summer months the air outside is hotter and more humid. That air can make its way into your basement, increasing the humidity levels to around 60%. With the fall comes a good amount of rain and if that seeps into your basement, that’s not excess moisture – that’s serious moisture. So, have your home checked for excess moisture now, before fall rain makes it worse. Contact Western today for a free inspection. What do you have to lose?