There’s something to be said for loyalty. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t reassess your vendors every now and then. It’s not only to keep them honest. It’s also to give you the peace of mind that you are, in fact, getting the very best service for your money. Whether you’re happy with your business’s pest control or not, if you have not considered getting a second opinion, here are 10 reasons that may change your mind.
- Has your pest control company gotten complacent? You can’t really know the answer to that unless you bring in another company to assess the current pest control strategies being used. And you won’t want to find out the hard way.
- Are there newer, more modern approaches to pest control out there? If you’ve been with the same pest control company for a while, have they kept up with the times? Are they up to date on the newest strategies including IPM? Can they offer you remote monitoring so you have 24/7 insight into the pest issues in your building? What about scenting services? Odors around your trash can and will attract pests, so it all goes hand in hand. What else are they missing?
- Could you be saving money? Staying with your current pest control company could mean you don’t know how costs have changed and whether or not you are getting what you are paying for. You should always be evaluating quantity vs quality.
- Has your pest control company missed appointments? If your pest control company is missing appointments or not notifying you of appointment delays, that is a customer service issue that needs to be addressed. Even though it’s not exactly a technician issue, it’s all part of the package.
- Does your pest control service provide you with a customer portal? This should be a no-brainer nowadays, but have you thought of it? If you aren’t provided an online portal where you can track your pest control strategies and receive data analysis to be more proactive, then it’s time to bring in someone else who does.
- Can you get a disinfectant treatment from the same company? The products used in the pest control industry are regulated by the same agency that regulates disinfectants, and the equipment used is similar as well. If your pest control company can’t provide you with a professional disinfectant treatment right now, what else are they missing?
- Did you pick the first company that answered? It’s OK if you did. If you had a pest issue, you wanted to get it taken care of as quickly as possible. We hope it’s been dealt with and under control. If it’s not, definitely get someone else in there to see what else could be done. But even if it is under control, now you have the luxury of time to have a few more companies come out and bid your pest control services.
- Is your pest control company following CDC guidelines? In certain business, like food processing, the safety guidelines are extremely strict, but it seems like in the current climate, all businesses are taking that approach – and for good reason. Is your pest control company following those guidelines and do they have a dedicated team keeping current on the ever-changing regulations out there?
- Are they only inspecting the interior of your facility? If your pest control company is only inspecting and/or treating the inside of your business, they are only doing half the job. If pests are getting into your business, you won’t know where they are coming in unless a trained eye inspects the outside of your business as well. This is a definitely a red flag that you need a second opinion.
- Does your pest control company have years of experience and a guarantee behind them? If the pest control company you chose does not offer you a guarantee, it’s time for a second opinion. Maybe you thought pest control couldn’t come with a guarantee? Well, a reputable company with years of experience will be able to provide one – and you shouldn’t settle for one that doesn’t.
No matter what the reason may be for getting a second opinion, make sure the company you choose provides a free inspection and evaluation of your current pest control strategies. You shouldn’t have to pay for that.